|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on October 6, 1926.
The arms show the quartered field of Pfalz-Bayern, used on the local seals since 1473. The letter M as a distinction was added in 1531. This seal remained in use until 1793 and was granted as arms in 1926.
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.