Meerane

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


MEERANE

State : Sachsen
District (Kreis) : Zwickau (until 2008 Chemnitzer Land)
Additions : 1923 Crotenlaide; 1928 Untergötzenthal; 1936 Obergötzenthal; 1950 Seiferitz; 1974 Dittrich, Waldsachsen

Wappen von Meerane/Arms (crest) of Meerane
Official blazon
German
English No blazon/translation known. Please click here to send your (heraldic !) blazon or translation

Origin/meaning

The arms were adopted on February 15, 1897.

The rms show a city gate with nine small towers. These refer to the war of the Hussites in the 15th century, whereby 9 towers were destroyed in the city. The small shield shows the arms of the Lords of Schönburg, who ruled the city and surrounding are from around 1300 until 1500. Before 1897 the arms were slightly different, with the small shield in the gate and the small towers were differently placed and coloured. The seal of the city from around 1900 also seems to show a slightly different composition of the towers (in three equal rows).

Siegel von Meerane

The municipal stamp shown in 1892
Seal of Meerane

Seal from around 1900
Wappen von Meerane

The arms in the Wappen-Sammlung (1900)
Wappen von Meerane

The arms in the Abadie albums
Wappen von Meerane

The arms as shown around 1900
Wappen von Meerane

The arms as shown around 1900
Wappen von Meerane

The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
Wappen von Meerane

Postal cancellation 1974
Arms of Meerane

The arms as a partner city of Lörrach (image from Facebook)



This page is part of the
Germany.jpg
German heraldry portal

Mecklenv1.jpg

German heraldry:

Leverku2.jpg

Selected collector's items from Germany:


Support the site:

Contact us:

Our partners:



© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink

Literature: Hupp, O: Kaffee Hag albums, 1920s; Benzing et al, 1984