|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
(de) In Silber ein blauer Wellenschrägbalken.
The arms were adopted in 1903 on the advise of the State Archives. The only historical seal of the village dates from 1854 and showed a garb with two crossed reeks. The local council did not want to adopt these symbols in the new arms, so the proposal showed a wavy bend, symbolising the position of the village between the Schlücht and Mettma rivers. The council adopte dthis proposal.
Literature : Huber, 1982