Mitlödi

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search

MITLÖDI

Canton : Glarus
Incorporated into : 2011 Glarus-Süd

Wappen von Mitlödi/Arms (crest) of Mitlödi

Official blazon

Origin/meaning

The arms were officially adopted on March 21, 1939.

The arms show a silver fountain/spring, which was erected in the village in 1773. According to legend it took 400 men to carry the structure from Glarus to the village.

Wappen von/Blason de Mitlödi

The arms in the Kaffee Hag albums 1914-1960



This page is part of the
Switzerland.jpg
Swiss heraldry portal

Kloten.jpg

Swiss heraldry:


  • Total pages in the Swiss section : 13,067
  • Total images in the Swiss section : 3,463
Ch-144.jpg

Collector's items


Support the site:

Contact us:

Our partners:



© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink

Literature : Tschudi-Schümperlin, 1941