|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on June 24, 1930.
The upper part of the arms shows the arms of the Counts of Moers-Saarwerden, as the district is practically identical to the former county of Moers. The lower part shows the arms of the other rulers in the district : the escarbuncle of the Dukes of Kleve, the cross of the State of Köln and the lion of Dukes of Geldern.
The arms on an cover
Rate these arms / rate this page :
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.