Monheim am Rhein

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


State : Nordrhein-Westfalen
District (Kreis) : Mettmann (until 1974 Rhein-Wupper Kreis)
Additions : 1951 Baumberg; 1960 Hitdorf (1975 to Leverkusen)
Incorporated into: 1975 Düsseldorf (1976 independent again)

Wappen von Monheim am Rhein/Arms (crest) of Monheim am Rhein
Official blazon
English am Rhein No blazon/translation known. Please click here to send your (heraldic !) blazon or translation


The arms were granted on January 4, 1939.

The arms are identical to the arms of the Aschenbroich family, who ruled in Monheim in the 17th and 18th centuries and used their arms in the local seals. In addition to the arms of the family a small shield with the arms of the counts, later dukes, of Berg was added. The Aschenbroich family were vassals of the Counts of Berg. Before the 17th century the local seal showed the patron saint, St. Gereon.

Wappen von Monheim am Rhein

Municipal stationery, 1960s
Wappen von Monheim am Rhein

Stationery of Amt Monheim, 1960s

Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.

This page is part of the
German heraldry portal


German heraldry:


Selected collector's items from Germany:

Support the site:

Contact us:

Our partners:

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink