|Heraldry of the World |
Heraldiek van de wereld
Armorial du Monde
|Belgian heraldry portal|
Armorial de Belgique
The arms were officially granted on January 27, 1866.
The arms show a castle, which already appeared on the seal of the village from 1308. All later seals show a castle (getting larger and more complex in time), with or without oak branches. The colours were granted in 1866, the meaning is not known.
Montenaken had a castle which formed the centre of a large estate, comprising 36 villages, and thus was of great local influence.
The previous arms were granted on January 26, 1849.
These arms show the arms of the medieval Lords of Montenaken, based on the arms of Jan van Montenaken in the Gelre Roll of Arms.
The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930
|Follow us on
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Servais, 1955