|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
(de) In Rot schräg gekreuzt ein goldenes Schwert und ein goldener Pfeil, belegt mit einer silbernen Bischofsmütze.
The arms were granted on February 5, 1973.
The arms were initially granted iin 1570 by Friedrich von Wirsberg, Prince-Bishop of Würzburg. The original dicument is lost and the arms gradually got out of use in the 19th century, but were restored in 1973. The colour of the shield (red) was known, the other colours were not. Chosen were the red and silver for the State of Würzburg. The arms indicate the power of the Prince-Bishops (mitre) and the local court (to which the arms were actually granted), symbolised by the arrow and sword.
Literature : Information obtained from the Region Unterfranken