|Heraldry of the World |
Heraldiek van de wereld
Armorial du Monde
|Belgian heraldry portal|
Armorial de Belgique
D'or à quatre pals de gueules, à la bordure engrélée d'azur.
The arms were officially granted on January 3, 1911.
The arms are based on the seal of the village from 1711. It showed the arms of the Princes of Merode with the local patron saint, St. Mary. The Princes of Merode owned the village from the end of the 15th until the end of the 18th century. The arms granted thus showed the Merode arms, but without the patron saint.
The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Servais, 1955