Neuhausen auf den Fildern
|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
NEUHAUSEN AUF DEN FILDERN
(de) Auf silbernem Grund ein roter Löwe, der einen grünen Ast emporsteigt.
The arms were granted in 1950 but used since 1930.
The village was until 1754 ruled by the Lords of Neuhausen. In 1806 it became part of Württemberg. The village used from 1903-1930 unofficial arms with in a blue shield with green base a black cross. The meaning or origin of these arms is not known. The present arms are based on the arms of the Lords of Neuhausen, who used the lion passant (walking) instead of rampant (climbing).
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.