|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were officially adopted in 1907, but were in use since the 18th century.
The arms show a swan, a plough iron and three stars. The plough iron, probably a symbol for agriculture, was used as a village symbol and was shown on a seal dating from 1700.
On a seal from 1779 showed the above arms, which were also used during the whole 19th century. The meaning, however, is not known. In 1906 the State Archives of Baden proposed the continuation of the arms and added the colours. The swan was shown in the colours of Austria, as until 1803 the area was part of Austria. The plough iron was shown in the colours of Baden. The lower half was chosen arbitrarily.
The municipal stamp shown in 1892
Literature : Zier, 1969