|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
(de) In gespaltenem Schild vorn in Gold ein roter Schrägbalken, hinten in Blau ein silberner Flügel.
Niederrimsingen was first mentioned as a village in 1275. The village belonged to Breisach and together with the city it became Austrian in 1331. Vassals were the Lords of Üsenberg until 1379, when the city Breisach bought the village. Since 1805 it was a separate municipality. The village had no own seal until the end of the 18th century. The oldest seal dates from 1783 and shows the arms of Breisach under the Austrian Eagle, indicating the fact that it belonged to the Austrian city of Breisach.
In the 19th century the village was no longer part of Breisach and the local seal showed a shield, divided with the arms of Baden and the letters N and R, placed above each other. In 1904 when the arms were officially granted the letters were replaced by the silver wing of the Lords of Üsenberg.
Literature : John, H. : Wappenbuch des Landkreises Breisgau-Hochschwarzwald. Kohlhammer, Stuttgart, 1994.