|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on July 18, 1908.
The arms are first known from 1591. The cross and the colours are derived from the arms of the diocese and State of Paderborn, to which the city historically belonged. The balls are the symbol of St. Nicholas, patron saint of the city.
The municipal stamp shown in 1892
Seal from around 1900
Emergency money of the city (1921)
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
Literature : Information provided by Gisbert Hoffmann