|Heraldry of the World |
|Polish heraldry portal|
Herbarz Miast Polskich
The arms were officially adopted in 1935, and were designed a few years earlier. The current version was approved in 1993.
The pine tree refers to the forests in the area, the blue wavy bend symbolizes the river San, and the stones refer to the iron ore, which was mined here.
The arms shown in the 1960s
The arms before 1993.
Literature : Plewako and Wanag, 1994