|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on September 10, 1937 and confirmed on February 1, 1983.
The chief shows three canting hazelnuts. The name has been explained as (hazel)nut-forest. The lower half shows the local patron saint, St. Martin, with the beggar.
Literature : Leaflet: Die Wappen im Kreis Coesfeld, provided by Kreis Coesfeld, 1999.