Nueva Esparta State
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Heraldry of the World |
Heráldica del mundo
|Venezuela heraldry portal|
NUEVA ESPARTA STATE
The arms were officially granted on October 20, 1875.
In the red upper half there is a peñero (a local type of boat) with 7 fishermen: a symbol of the Nueva Esparta island since it is a land of fishing. The red refers to the blood spilled in the battle of independence.
The blue lower half refers to the sea and the chain of pearls to the rich nature surrounding the island.
Literature : Garcia, no year.
Support the site: