|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms show the image of St. Sebastian, patron saint of the village since 1666. The saint appeared on the local seals in the early 19th century.
In 1907 the State Archives proposed as arms for the village 'in silver a blue wavy bar and a nut tree in natural colours'. These arms were canting a nut tree and a stream (Bach). The municipality never adopted the arms and continued the use of the old seal.
In the early 1960s the above image was adopted as arms for the village, but these were never officially granted.
Literature : Huber, 1987