Oberndorf am Neckar

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to: navigation, search
Heraldry of the World
Wappen der Welt
German heraldry portal
Civic heraldry of Germany
Deutsche Wappen

  • Total pages in the German section : 18,833


State : Baden-Württemberg
District (Kreis) : Rottweil
Additions : 1975 Aistaig, Altoberndorf, Beffendorf, Bochingen, Boll, Hochmössingen

Wappen von Oberndorf am Neckar

Official blazon

Unter goldenem Schildhaupt, worin ein liegender schwarzer Doppelhaken, mit Teilungen schräglinks von Gold und Schwarz gerautet.


Oberndorf was founded by the Dukes of Teck and received city rights between 1245 and 1270. The oldest known seal dates from 1281 and shows two crossed hooks, derived from the arms of the local family Hacken von Oberndorf. The hooks were used as village symbol until the 17th century. The second seal showed however the arms of the Dukes of Teck, the black and gold diamonds. These arms remained the official city arms until 1935. In 1935 the two symbols were combined, showing the diamonds with in a chief one of the hooks.

Wappen von Oberndorf am Neckar

The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925

Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.