|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
(de) Über einer erniedrigten blauen Wellenleiste in Gold vier bewurzelte grüne Tannen, unten von Gold und Rot geschacht (10 Plätze).
The arms were officially granted on September 5, 1983.
Oberreichenbach has no historical arms or seals. The first heraldic symbol appeared in the seal of the village in 1935, a small lion. In 1960 the municipality used a shield with a lion on the seal. No coloours or meaning of this lion were known. As this lion had no historical significance, new arms were designed after the merger with the nthree other municipalities. It took, however, until 1983 before the new arms were granted.
The four pine trees refer to the four former municipalities, as well as to the pine forests in the municipality. The wavy blue bar is taken from the arms of Würzbach, and is canting for the -bach (brook, stream) part of the name.
The lower half is taken from the arms of the Lords of Zavelstein and the Lordship of Zavelstein, to which most of the area historically belonged. This was also part of the arms of Würzbach.
Literature : Jäger, 1986