|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
|Austrian heraldry portal|
Oberwölz is a very old municipality and is situated at another road over a mountain pass in Upper Styria. Oberwölz was subject to the overlordship of the Bishop of Freising (in Bavaria) until 1803. This is symbolized by the moor's head in the arms. The head is taken from the arms of Freising.
The fortification is the traditional main element of the arms. There is no formal grant on record.
The arms in the Coffee Hag album +/- 1932
|Follow us on
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
|Support the site:
Click on the image to support the site !
|Support the site:|
Download shop with old heraldic books
Literature : Image provided by Karl Palfrader (firstname.lastname@example.org)