Opole

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Official blazon

Origin/meaning

The arms of the city combine the eagle of Upper Silezia with a cross. The cross probably symbolises the local church, which was devoted to the Holy Cross. The composition already apperead on the oldest seal of the city, which dates from the 13th century. All later seals and images have used the same composition. Historically the city used the arms correctly with a red beak and red fangs of the eagle.



The seal from around 1900

The arms in the Wappen-Sammlung (1900)

The arms in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925

The arms in the Abadie albums

The arms as shown in 1963

The arms as shown around 1970

The arms on a postcard

The arms as shown in 1994

Follow us on
 

 
Contact us
Support the site:

Click on the image to see how to support the site !

Literature :