Ormož

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Official blazon

Origin/meaning

The arms were granted on February 14, 2000.

Friedau was founded in 1279 as a fortress, but the site was already inhabited in Roman times. Already before 1304 Ormoz received town rights and in 1331 it was mentioned as a city. Since the 13th century the town uses in it's seals a tower flanked with a sun an a crescent, symbols for eternity.

The colours are known since the 16th century.

Until 2000 the city used the same design, in 2000 the base with a bunch of grapes and wheat ears was added. These are symbols for agriculture.


Seal from around 1900

Seal from around 1900

The arms as shown by Kobel (1954)

The arms in the Coffee Hag album +/- 1932

The arms used by the city in the 1990s.

Follow us on
   
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
 
Contact us
Heraldry of the World is a private site and maintained as a hobby.
If you like this initiative, please support the site:





eBay shop
Download shop

Literature :