Osterholz (kreis)

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Wappen der Welt
Germany.jpg
German heraldry portal
Civic heraldry of Germany
Deutsche Wappen
Germany-flag.jpg


  • Total pages in the German section : 20,995
  • Total images in the German section : 36,338

OSTERHOLZ (OHZ)

State : Niedersachsen

Wappen von Osterholz (kreis)

Origin/meaning

The arms were granted on April 25, 1936.

The district was originally ruled by the Bishops of Bremen, in 1648 it became a possession of the Swedish Kings and later it was part of the Kingdom of Hannover. The key in the lower part of the arms is taken from the arms of Bremen. The area used to be a marshland, which in the course of the centuries was drained and cultivated. The ship in the arms symbolises the peat ships that were used during the 19th century.


Follow us on
Facebook.jpg Instagram.png
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
Mail.png
Contact us
Heraldry of the World is a private site and maintained as a hobby.
If you like this initiative, please support the site:

Donate.jpg




Ebay.png
eBay shop
Payhip.jpg
Download shop

Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.