Ozorków

From Heraldry of the World
Revision as of 09:10, 22 September 2018 by Knorrepoes (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "{{Poland}}" to "{{pl}}")

Jump to navigation Jump to search

Official blazon

Origin/meaning

The town was grounded 1816 by Starzynski family on the grounds that belonged to them as a weavers' town. It expanded throughout the 19th century into a small textile-industry town, but could not develop significantly due to the vicinity of a major Russian and later Polish textile industry center, Łódź.

The arms shows the symbol of the Starzynski family on the right side and weaver shuttle on the left side, symbolizing the town's dominating industry. The arms were approved in the period of the Second Republic (1918-1939).



The arms in the Kawa Hag album +/- 1932

The arms in 1964

Follow us on
   
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
 
Contact us
Support the site:

Click on the image to support the site !
Support the site:

Download shop with old heraldic books

Literature : Plenako and Wanag, 1994