|Heraldry of the World|
|South Africa heraldry portal|
Civic heraldry of South Africa
The town is situated in the Drakenstein valley, which was named after Baron Van Rheede van Oudtshoorn, Lord of Drakenstein. The municipality adopted the Van Rheede van Oudtshoorn arms as its arms (see also Oudtshoorn and Rhede).
The arms were formally granted by the College of Arms in 1951, and two pearls ("paarlen") were placed on each bar.
The arms on a tobacco card +/- 1930