Parish of All Saints, Mount Pleasant
|Heraldry of the World|
|Ecclesiastical heraldry portal|
PARISH OF ALL SAINTS (Mount Pleasant, Ontario)
Denomination : Anglican
Gules a cross engrailed fleury in dexter chief a celestial crown Or.
The arms were granted on May 8, 1995.
The large cross is derived from the arms of Flintshire, Wales, the site of the original Mount Pleasant, after which Henry Ellis named the village in 1800.
The cross is also the symbol of Christianity.
The lilies issuing from the cross allude to the Blessed Trinity, a core doctrine of the Christian faith.
The celestial crown is the symbol of All Saints. The five stars on the crown represent the Torah, the first five books of the Bible and thus God’s law. The jewels at the base of the celestial crown signify the beauty of a redeemed people as set forth in Zechariah 9:16, “They will sparkle in His land like jewels in a crown”.