From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Heraldry of the World
Heraldiek van de wereld
Armorial du Monde
Belgian heraldry portal
Belgische wapens
Armorial de Belgique


Province : West-Vlaanderen
Additions : 1970 Lampernisse, Oostkerke, Stuivekenskerke
Incorporated into : 1976 Diksmuide

Wapen van Pervijze

Official blazon

Mi parti, au 1er gironné d'or et d'azur de douze pièces, à l'écusson de gueules sur le tout, et au second, d'argent 3 deux clefs de sable adossées en pal.


The arms were granted on August 28, 1847.

The right half of the arms shows the oldest arms of the Counts of Vlaanderen. The village was a possession of the Counts of Vlaanderen until 1063, when they granted the village to the Ename Abbey. Therefore the oldest known arms of Vlaanderen were chosen, instead of the more well known black lion.

The left half shows two keys, which are derived from the old arms of the Berkel Estate, to which the village of Sint-Katriens-Kapelle (?) belonged until 1811, when the village was incorporated into Pervijse. The village used a seal with the keys already in the 17th century.

Wapen van/Blason de Pervijze

The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930

Literature: Servais, 1955

This page is part of the
Belgium heraldry portal/ Belgische overheidswapens/ Armorial de Belgique


  • Total pages in the Belgian section : 4,073
  • of which images : 2,443
Lamme Goden.jpg

Support the site:

Contact us:

Our partners:

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg