Pischelsdorf in der Steiermark
|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
|Austrian heraldry portal|
PISCHELSDORF IN DER STEIERMARK
|German||blazon wanted !|
The arms were granted on October 25, 1911.
The arms were formally granted in 1911, they were, however, long in use before that. The small escutcheon bears the arms of the Herberstein family, who were lords of the market borough until 1848.
The name derives from Bischofsdorf (the bishop's village), because it belonged to the Archbishop of Salzburg originally.
The arms by Widimsky, 1864
The arms in the Coffee Hag album +/- 1932
and acquisition of new heraldic material
Literature : Image provided by Karl Palfrader (email@example.com), MStLA 13 (1963), p. 83