Pisz

From Heraldry of the World
Revision as of 06:14, 23 September 2018 by Knorrepoes (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "{{poland}}" to "{{pl}}")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to navigation Jump to search

Official blazon

Origin/meaning

The arms were officially granted in 1645 by King Friedrich Wilhelm of Prussia.

The arms of Pisz (formerly known as Johannisburg in Ostpreussen) show the symbol of the local patron saint, St. John Baptist, with his head on a platter. The head is placed on a shield with in the upper half two quarters of the Hohenzollern family arms (the dynasty of the King) and a lower red half.


Emergency money of the city from 1921


Seal from around 1900

The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925


Follow us :   
(when sharing images on Instagram, use #heraldryoftheworld)

Literature : Hupp, 1896; Plenako and Wanag, 1994; Szczechura, 1963