|Heraldry of the World |
|British heraldry portal|
Civic heraldry of the United Kingdom
Arms: Argent, a cross vert between four towers sable; a chief per pale, the dexter piece per pale gules and sable a castle of three towers argent, the sinister piece sable six bezants three two and one.
Motto: Dat Deus incrementum.
The arms were officially granted on September 24, 1956.
The arms of Plymouth College, an independent boarding and day school in the SouthWest corner of the county of Devon, founded in the mid nineteenth century, are composed of the arms of three local administrative authorities. Top left is that of the county town/cathedral city of Exeter. Top right is the lower part of the arms of the county of Cornwall but shows only the bottom three rows of gold balls. The full county arms has fifteen balls not just six but the configuration is immediate recognised.
The main part of the shield shows the arms of the home city of Plymouth which located at the mouth of the river Tamar which separates the counties of Devon and Cornwall from which the school has always drawn a large proportion of its pupils.
|Follow us on
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature: Briggs, 1971; Background by Alan Harris