|Heraldry of the World |
|Latvian heraldry portal|
Zelta laukā melns krauklis.
The arms were granted in 1938.
Preili is first mentioned in the 14th century as a village, called then Prelle in German. In the 18th century it was a town already, called Prely or Prele in Russian. In 1928 city rights were granted.
The arms were granted in 1938: a raven. The raven is a symbol of wisdom in the Latvian folklore.
Literature : Latvias ģerboņi, 2008