Provincial Grand Lodge of Surrey
|Heraldry of the World |
|British heraldry portal|
Civic heraldry of the United Kingdom
PROVINCIAL GRAND LODGE OF SURREY
Per pale gules and quarterly azure and Or; dexter on a chevron between three castles argent a pair of compasses extended of the third; sinister a cross quarterly of the fourth and vert between, in the first quarter a lion rampant of the third, in the second an ox passant sable, in the third a man with hands elevated proper vested of the fifth the robe crimson lined with ermine, and in the fourth an eagle displayed also of the third; the whole within a bordure quarterly of the second and sixth charged with a representation of King Edgars crown in chief gold, two ostrich feathers erect in fesse argent and an oak sprig in base of the last.
The arms were officially granted on October 24, 1935. The Shield shows the Arms of the United Grand Lodge of England, with a brodure in Black and Blue the Colours of the Surrey Arms. The Crown and Oakbranch are from the old Arms of Surrey.
Support the site:
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink