RAF Station Leuchars, Royal Air Force
|Heraldry of the World |
|British heraldry portal|
Civic heraldry of the United Kingdom
RAF STATION LEUCHARS, ROYAL AIR FORCE
History: Formed in August 1, 1938.
In front of a fountain a St Andrews Cross argent firmriated azure overall a claymore point uppermost azure.
Motto: Attack and protect.
The Fountain alludes to the parent Coastal Command. The St andrews Cross symbolises the location to Scotland and the Claymore symbolises the fighting spirit of the Scottish People, it beeing a weapon of the Area. The badge was granted in 1951.
Support the site:
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Literature: Image from Defence Brand Portal Ministry of Defence. Information from Knights of the Sky Part 3 Support Squadron - Teams by B.R. Holliss and R. Symons.