|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
|Austrian heraldry portal|
The arms were granted on July 7, 1987.
The name of the village appeared first as "Radawie" in a deed from about 1060. This, in time, became "Radweg" (1542) by way of oral tradition and afterwards Raaba. Originally, the name meant something like "much used" (way or street). "Radweg" means literally "way of wheels", or in today's language: bicycle route. It was attempted, to represent a "way of wheels" in heraldic terms. The clover is to represent agriculture, or more precisely: market gardening, which is an important economic factor in the municipality.
Literature : Image provided by Karl Palfrader (email@example.com), MStLA Folge 38 (1988), p. 37