|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted in 1949.
Rai-Breitenbach was created in 1858 from Raibach and Breitenbach. The lion in the upper half of the arms is derived from the arms of the Von Nalsach family, oldest known patrons of the local church. The lower half is canting, showing a stream (Bach).
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.