|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on February 18, 1953, and confirmed on January 20, 1975.
The lion is the lion of the Welfen dynasty who owned several estates near Altdorf and Ravensburg. They also founded the monastery in Weingarten and the town of Ravensburg. The arms thus represent the arms of one of the first rulers in the area and do not include parts of the arms of later rulers.
The arms on an cover
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.