|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
State : Berlin
Incorporated into : 1920 Berlin
The arms were granted on November 28, 1955.
The arms are based on the old village seal, which showed a landscape with a canting fox (Rein is the name of a fox in some legends), some trees and a field of wheat. This seal was also used until 1955 as arms (above left). In the new arms the bunch of wheat was replaced by six wheat-ears. The six wheat-ears symbolise the six former villages.
As with all arms of the Berlin districts, a mural crown with a small shield with the arms of Berlin could be used.
The arms in the Wappen-Sammlung (+/- 1910)
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
The arms on a cover (1978)
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes. Vogel, 1987