The arms were adopted on April 25, 1939.
The arms show a tree trunk, which is a canting symbol for the former village of Durschen (which means tree trunk). The two stars symbolise the villages of Riedern and Durschen.
This page is part of the Swiss heraldry portal
Support the site:
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Literature : Tschudi-Schümperlin, 1941