|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on June 27, 1958.
The crown in the chief symbolises the old Royal estate near Roding, which dates from the 8th century. The lower right half shows St. Gallus, the patron saint of the oldest church belonging to the estate. Since 1486 there is a St. Gallus fair in Roding. The lower left half shows the arms of Bayern, as the whole district became part of Bayern around 1200.
The arms on an cover
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.