|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on June 7, 1974.
The arms show the eagle taken from the arms of the city of Rottweil, as the city ruled most of the district for many centuries. Already in the 14th century the Counts of Württemberg acquired some estates, this is represented by the deer antler in the claws of the eagle. The breast-shield is derived from the Austrian arms, as the city of Oberndorf and the Hohenberg estate were acquired by Austria in 1381.
Literature : John and Heine, 1989