Ruanda-Urundi

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Burundi.jpg
Burundi heraldry portal
Burundi-flag.gif
  • Total pages in the Burundian section : 9
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Rwanda.jpg
Rwanda heraldry portal
Rwanda-flag.gif

RUANDA-URUNDI

Arms of Ruanda-Urundi

Official blazon

Origin/meaning

Ruanda-Urundi was a part of German East Africa under Belgian military occupation from 1916 to 1924, a League of Nations class B mandate of Belgium from 1924 to 1945 and then a United Nations trust territory (still Belgian) until 1962, when it became the independent states of Rwanda and Burundi.

The colonial arms of Ruanda-Urundi were never officially granted, but showed a local shield, with in the upper half a crane, and in the lower the lion's head. These arms were used until 1962.


Support the site:

Contact us:

Our partners:



© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink

Literature :