Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Heraldry of the World|
|Burundi heraldry portal|
Ruanda-Urundi was a part of German East Africa under Belgian military occupation from 1916 to 1924, a League of Nations class B mandate of Belgium from 1924 to 1945 and then a United Nations trust territory (still Belgian) until 1962, when it became the independent states of Rwanda and Burundi.
The colonial arms of Ruanda-Urundi were never officially granted, but showed a local shield, with in the upper half a crane, and in the lower the lion's head. These arms were used until 1962.
Support the site:
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink