Département : Vosges
- (fr) D'azur à la croix de Lorraine d'or côtoyée des lettres capitales du même S à dextre et D à senestre, le tout lié et entrelacé d'un ruban de gueules.
A monk, Déodat or Dié, founded a monastery at the confluence of the Meurthe and Robache, in a place he called the Valley of Galilee. The monastery soon became important, and around it developed a town, which was given city walls by Count Ferry III of Lorraine in the late 13th century.
The arms are known since the 16th century and show the Cross of Lorraine with the letters SD, the town's initials.
The arms in Traversier (1842)
The arms in the Café Sanka album +/- 1932
The arms on a tobacco card by Laurens
The arms on a postcard by Kroma
|Follow us on
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
|Support the site:
Click on the image to support the site !
|Support the site:|
Download shop with old heraldic books
Literature : Image by Massimo Ghirardi