|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were officially granted on July 14, 1978.
The two crosiers are taken from the Werden Abbey, to whom the village of Lengerich belonged from 1269-1802. The two small crosses symbolise the two parishes in Bawinkel and Lengerich. The garb symbolises the agricultural character of the municipality. The anchor and colours are taken from the arms of the former County and District of Lingen, to which the area belonged until 1975.
The following municipalities belong to the Samtgemeinde Lengerich:
|Follow us on
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
|Support the site:
Click on the image to support the site !
|Support the site:|
Download shop with old heraldic books