San José de Cúcuta
|Heraldry of the World |
Heráldica del mundo
|Colombian heraldry portal|
Heraldica de Colombia
SAN JOSÉ DE CÚCUTA
Department : Norte de Santander
The arms were adopted on February 3, 1958.
The upper half shows the arms of Doña Juana Rangel de Cuéllar, who founded the city the 17th of June, 1733. Her Arms were fleurs de lis shown as asps in silver and red.
The lower half shows two cornucopias blossomed with tropical fruits, and fasces with the left-facing ax; these are taken from the arms of Colombia from 1821.
Literature : Image and information obtained by mail