Sankt Blasien

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


SANKT BLASIEN

State : Baden-Württemberg
District (Kreis) : Waldshut (until 1973 Hochschwarzwald)
Additions : 1974 Albtal (1971 Immeneich, Schlageten), Menzenschwand

Wappen von Sankt Blasien/Arms (crest) of Sankt Blasien
Official blazon
German In Blau ein linksgewendeter, steigender goldener Hirsch.
English Blasien No blazon/translation known. Please click here to send your (heraldic !) blazon or translation

Origin/meaning

The arms are taken from the arms of the local monastery. The village developed around the monastery, which was founded by Emperor Otto II in 983. Before 1805 all power was in the hands of the monastery and the village did not have its own seal or arms.

The arms were devised after Sankt Blasien became a city in 1897. To distinguish the arms of the city of the arms of the monastery the deer was shown mirrorwise (contrary to Schönau)

Siegel von Sankt Blasien

The municipal stamp shown in 1892
Seal of Sankt Blasien

Seal from around 1900

Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.



This page is part of the
Germany.jpg
German heraldry portal

Mecklenv1.jpg

German heraldry:

Leverku2.jpg

Selected collector's items from Germany:


Support the site:

Contact us:

Our partners:



© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink