Sankt Goar (kreis)
|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
SANKT GOAR (GOA)
The arms were granted on December 14, 1951.
The district was formed in the early 19th century out of nine different territories. Symbols of the three largest are combined in the arms. The upper part shows the lions of Katzenelnbogen and the Pfalz. The lower part shows the eagle as a symbol for the imperial cities of Boppard and Oberwesel, with the arms of the State of Trier as a breastshield.
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.