|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
(de) In von Silber und Rot geteiltem Schild oben eine liegende schwarze Hirschstange.
The arms were officially granted on ?
Schömberg was founded by the Counts of Hohenberg in the 13th century and was mentioned as a city in 1269. The city became a possession of Austria in 1381 and of Württemberg in 1805. From 1278-1700 all seals of the city showed the divided shield of the Counts of Hohenberg. From 1700-1806 these were replaced by the arms of Austria. Since 1806 the old arms were restored with the addition of a deer antler for Württemberg in the upper half of the shield.
The arms on an 1877 poster
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.