|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
(de) In geteiltem Schild oben gespalten von Rot und Silber, darin ein schräger roter Pfeil, und ein blaues Feld.
The arms were officially granted on September 25, 1961.
The arms are a combination of the old arms of the medieval Lords of Schechingen, with an additional arrow. The arrow is the symbol of St. Sebastian, patron saint of the town. The arrow was added in 1961 to distinguish the arms of the town with those from the family and from the arms of Westerstetten, which are nearly identical. The Lords of Schechingen were closely related to the Lords of Westerstetten. The town had used the arms of the family already unofficially since 1930.
Literature : Bardua, 1987