|Heraldry of the World|
|Luxembourg heraldry portal|
Héraldique de Luxembourg
The arms were granted on January 29, 1986.
The municipality belonged before 1800 for the largest part to the Lordship of Larochette, which used an anchored cross as its arms. Only the castle in the village of Birtrange belonged to the Blochausen family. The arms are based on the arms of Larochette (cross) and the lower part of the Blochausen arms (upper part). The wavy bar symbolises the Alzette river that runs through the municipality. The municipality was part of the city of Ettelbruck, until 1850 when it became its own municipality.
Literature : Loutsch, J-C. et al.; Armorial communal du Grand-Duché de Luxembourg, Fisch, Luxembourg, 1989, 331 p.